The holiday season brings celebrations that often involve food, food and more food.
Thanksgiving in particular can be challenging in terms of maintaining a healthy eating plan that may include those who must or wish to be gluten-free.
With this in mind, Gluten Free Easy is a food brand that allows those who are gluten-free to enjoy delicious gluten-like foods.
32 PERCENT OF FOOD LABELED GLUTEN-FREE CONTAINS GLUTEN: STUDY
The brand offers puff pastry squares, puff pastry sheets, pita bread and pizza circles to use instead of the usual gluten-filled pastries.
The woman-owned business was founded in 2018, and the company’s creations can be found across the country.
READ IN THE FOX NEWS APP
Gluten Free Easy shared one of their favorite dessert recipes ahead of Thanksgiving this year for all gluten-free folks looking for an exciting addition to their menu.
Esther Anzaroot, co-founder of New York-based Gluten Free Easy, told Fox News Digital that this dessert recipe incorporates fruit into a sweet treat mix.
“It has a delicate flavor that makes it ideal after a hearty Thanksgiving meal and is a great alternative to pumpkin,” she said.
GEORGIA BAKER POSTS URGENT FACEBOOK ALERT TO FIND CUSTOMER WHO ACCIDENTALLY SOLD GLUTEN DONUT
“These replace gluten-filled desserts, and with our batter being so authentic and light, everyone will enjoy them.”
She also said gluten-free guests won’t feel “singled out” because of its focus on nutrition.
Check out the dessert recipe featured here.
1 sheet of light gluten-free puff pastry, thawed
4-5 ripe peaches, sliced
1 spoon of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
MINI CARAMEL APPLE PIES MADE IN THE MUFFIN CLASS FOR THANKSGIVING DESSERT
1 tablespoon of cornstarch or tapioca starch
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
teaspoon of sea salt
1 egg, beaten
1 spoon of raw sugar
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, sea salt and vanilla extract. Toss gently until the peaches are evenly coated and set aside.
3. Dust your counter with cornstarch and roll out the thawed sheet of puff pastry trying to keep it in a rectangular shape.
4. Transfer the puff pastry to the prepared tray. Leave a 1-inch border and arrange the peach slices in a single layer on the puff pastry.
5. Fold the edges of the puff pastry over the peaches to create a rustic border. Press gently to seal any loose edges.
6. Brush the edges of the puff pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with raw sugar.
7. Bake the galette in the oven for about 2530 minutes, or until the pastry puffs up and turns golden brown.
8. When baked, remove the galette from the oven and let it cool.
9. Serve the peach puff pastry galette warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
For more lifestyle articles visit www.foknevs.com/lifestyle.
Original article source: A Thanksgiving feast can include this delicious gluten-free dessert recipe: ‘Authentic and Easy’
#Thanksgiving #feast #include #delicious #glutenfree #dessert #recipe #Authentic #Easy
Image Source : www.yahoo.com